Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday 25th

It was a good day. Sunny's dad passed Friday. So we were invited to a Hindu "Besna" We had to wear white clothes. I bought me a pair of white jeans (I have NEVER owned a pair of white jeans in my life) and a white shirt.

First you had to take off your shoes on the street in front of their house. The men were all sitting outside on the sidewalk. NO ONE SAYS A WORD! The son (Sunny) and daughter (Kosha) were sitting on both sides of a picture of the deceased and a tray of flowers. You had to take some of the flowers and put in front of the picture. Bob sit down and I was taken in and upstairs to the back bed room where the deceased wife (Asmita) layed on the bed. When I walked into the room, I thought it was the deceased, I was so glad that it wasn't. Anyway there were women all sitting on the floor. I was instructed to sit on the edge of the bed beside her and bless her. NO ONE TALKING! I had NO idea what to do and lucky NO ONE WAS SAYING ANYTHING . I had heard that you only stayed 15 minutes.

It was very strange, but I was so glad that I got to go and experience.

No comments: