Monday, November 10, 2008

What a Weekend!

We had an amazing weekend. We went to Tulsa and had dinner and after dinner drinks at a piano bar with really good friends Scott and Ginny. Then Sunday we had Dim Sum lunch at our favorite restaurant with Martin and Nikki.

"We don't know how we are going to touch someone's life."
Let me tell you how Michael touched mine. He will forever be in my thoughts and another story for my rocking chair memories.

We went to a restaurant, outside of Tulsa, called Molly's Landing. We had to wait for a table so we choose to go to the bar for a drink. There was a table that became available in the bar and we took that table. The hostess asked if we wanted to eat there, seems that we took the table without asking. We were OK with that table, so our waiter came to greet us.

Michael was our waiter. He was very nice and laughed along as Bob gave him a hard time thru out the meal, as Bob always does. Drinks and a bottle of wine and great conversation, we were the last ones to leave and we left only because they wouldn't serve us any more drinks. So we walked out to the car which was the only one left in the parking lot. As we were driving by the ramp that went to the restaurant, our waiter came down the ramp and Bob rolled down his window. He handed Bob something small black and square. I thought it was Bob's cell phone. Bob thanked him and we pulled off and Bob says, "This isn't my wallet". I said let me see for some reason. IT WAS MY WALLET. I had placed it in my back pocket. My pocket was small, but it was hard to get my billfold in so I never dreamed of it coming out.

I am still in AWE of Michael. He took that extra step of caring. You don't know how much stress and anxiety I would have gone thru, when I finally did notice that my billfold was gone. Where had I left it? When was the last time I had it? Where had we been? Looking everywhere. Calling everywhere. The trouble of replacing everything inside. I am so grateful for Michael.

Things happen for a reason. I am so grateful this happened at Molly's and Michael was the reason. Michael has added some great Karma to his life.

How far that little candle throws his beams!
So shines a good deed in a weary world.

~William Shakespeare


PS: Michael, if you are ever in India you have a place to stay with us in our bungalow.

No comments: