Saturday, October 25, 2008

Shred-A-Rama

I was listening to the radio in my Truck and I heard about a bank in Edmond that was doing FREE paper Shredding for 10 to 12 on Saturday. I thought there must be something that you have to do. Sign up for a Bank Account. So I got up early, packed 10 paper boxes full of old files dating back for 10 years. {My storage unit is almost empty)

I put a tarp over them and secured it. I wasn't going to get on the highway so I went to Kelley and headed North. I didn't go over 35 miles an hour, so I knew it would take me a while. I made it to 15th & Kelley about 9:00 am without losing 1 piece of paper, the trap didn't even blow off. I was VERY impressed with my packing of the boxes.

It was the right place. Signs everywhere. FREE SHREDDING! So I went back to Starbucks got me a Grande Cafe Americano and headed back to the bank. Waiting for 10 am. At 9:45 the Shredding truck pulled in. It was a promotion for the 3 highschools in Edmond. KISS radio, in which I heard the advertisement, was also there. So I had to pick one of the 3 teams. Then they took all of my papers and in about 5 minutes all of the 10 years were GONE!

It was going to cost me a fortune to have them shredded. I just kept putting it off because I knew that it was going to be a pretty penny to have all of those papers shredded.

THEN I had all of those empty boxes and they didn't weigh the tarp down, so I had to stop several times on the way home. If I could have found a trash can, I might have stopped. But I need the boxes so that I can fill them up again.

Returning to my storage unit, I filed up the blank spots that all of those files had taken. Cleaned, moved and threw away stuff. Then added some more stuff to the storage from the house. So I was a very productive day.

Oh Ya, I stopped at the "Greek Festival" on the way home. It was fun. I saw a lot of really pretty stuff and now I want to go to Greece. I ate Baklava. IT WAS SO GOOD! Not on my diet, probably why it tasted so good.

Bob, hope there wasn't anything in those files that you wanted.

No comments: