Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Potty Training

Two of my daughters are potty training their toddler boys. My oldest daughter has all of her 4 children in school, she had twin boys, I can only imagine what she went thru. Maybe it was easier with 2 at the same time. The other 2 are girls so I know that they were easy.

I have said all along that the problem is "The disposable diapers that causes the dilemma. They can't tell that they are wet.

NOW I HAVE PROOF. Sometimes I think people are reading my mind.

This is from Dr. Wayne Jensen (PhD (Med)) website.

The answer that I discovered, is what I term "Diaper Dependence".

You see, the only really significant change to have occurred in the toddler world over the last 50 years or so in developed countries, is the shift from wearing uncomfortable cloth diapers to the modern disposable diaper. The technology in disposable diapers has increased to the extent that young toddlers today have No Concept of the feeling of being wet, so they don't have an incentive to get out of them!

... And the consequence of disposable diapers? The average age at which kids in western society are potty trained today has been delayed by well over one year!!


Now I am not telling you to go out and buy his product.

No comments: